Buckeye Rural Electric is proud to present the following scholarship to its members. Please look over the materials to determine eligibility, and submit the application following the instructions provided. Thank you all, and good luck!
All applicants must be a high school senior who resides with parents or legal guardians who are members of the cooperative. Other minimum requirements must be met. Read the rules carefully.
If you do not have Adobe Reader software, it is a free download available here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/. (If you do not want to install McAfee Security Scan Plus and McAfee Safe Connect, uncheck their boxes prior to downloading.)
- Open the application file using Adobe Reader, and save it.
- Complete the first two pages using Adobe Reader.
- Save the file again, then print all pages.
Take the application to a teacher and your guidance counselor to complete the faculty portion if applicable. It is preferred those sections are typewritten; however, they may be handwritten if necessary.
The purpose of our scholarship competition is to encourage our members’ children to further their education.
Buckeye REC local prize amounts:
- First-place, $2,000
- Second-place, $1,500
- Third-place, $1,000
- Fourth-Place, $500
To be eligible for the Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. Scholarship Awards, the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applications:
- Applicants must be a son, daughter, or legal ward of a Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. residential member living on the lines and receiving service at the time of
- Applicants must be graduating seniors who have all basic credits for college, or proper vocational, or technical school entrance. (A “proper vocational or technical school” is defined as a post‑secondary institution where credits can be transferred to a state‑accredited four‑year )
- Applicants in both divisions must have a current career average of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standing on a nontraditional scale. Winners must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college in order to claim their scholarship. Applicants, who are accepted and then enrolled in an accredited school of nursing, working toward a degree, are also eligible.
- Applicants may not be immediate family members of, or reside with, people who are employed by any electric cooperative in Ohio (employees, trustees, managers, OEC, or affiliated organizations such as Buckeye Power,, RESCO, Cardinal Operating Company, etc.).
- Applications for the Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. competition must be submitted (typed to be accepted) on the forms provided by Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. or downloaded from buckeyerec.coop. Application forms must be postmarked by Saturday , February 18, 2023. Application information must be confined to the official nomination form. The only attachments permitted are transcripts, teacher recommendations and one photo of the applicant. (Teacher recommendations must be no more than 500 words.)
- Applicants who have received “full ride” scholarships (tuition, room, board, and books) to the schools of their choice are not eligible for scholarships from Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- All scholarships must be accepted in the first academic year after proof of enrollment is received. However, an extension of one year may be granted for just cause in the judgment of the president of In the event a student is unable to fulfill his enrollment obligation under this program, the award is forfeited.
- Personal interviews will be conducted with selected The applicants will receive points for scholastic record, personal achievement, school, and community activities. Points will also be awarded for poise, preparedness, and appearance during the interview. Finalists are not permitted to bring any outside materials to their interviews (electronic presentations, props, handouts, etc.).
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible after One winner will be chosen to represent Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. in the statewide scholarship competition where he or she will compete for additional scholarships. Eligibility requirements apply. Contact the cooperative for details.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship competition, please feel free to contact Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. at (740) 379-2025.
MAIL OR DELIVER THE APPLICATION AND ATTACHMENTS TO:
Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.
PO Box 200
Rio Grande, OH 45674-0200
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
Or, scan completed applications and attachments, and email them to:
If you are interested in this scholarship, please see the application below:
BREC Children of Members Scholarship